Thursday, April 21, 2011

Birds of a Feather

Business school always felt like a waste of time, effort and especially money. My professors made me uneasy because they taught how to run a business while they couldn't do it themselves.

The concept of setting a 5 year projection for a business that hasn't started never made sense. The notion that your business isn't successful because it won't appeal to venture capitalist made me cringe.

Is there a way to start a business without a load of money?
Is this school stuff a bunch of crap?
Am I the only one who FEELS THIS WAY?..........NO

What David Heinemeier Hansson writes and says feels like my mind speaking back to me. David is the creater of Ruby on Rails and a partner in a multi-million dollar company called 37 Signals that started from nothing. He is known for is controversial views and arrogance but what he says contain truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment