Wednesday, May 2, 2012

You're a Business, The employed and self-employed

You probably heard it before "I enjoy being my own boss because I make my own rules and I have freedom". A very general description because you're free from WHAT? You may not have a person as a boss but that role is switched to your customers, they're your boss. You may have this false feeling of freedom but you’re bound to customer complaints, returns, paperwork and so on. It’s cool to walk around and say "I'm my own boss, I make my own rules" to your friends. But depending on the situation having your own business isn't the best idea. Being your own boss is still having a job but your responsibility is different, and many sacrifices are required to be successful.

I'm a business no matter what. If I'm an employee or employer whatever it is I'm still the owner of myself and the money I make. When I work I give my best and want to be compensated accordingly. If this can't be done, my business (myself) will switch different markets (job). When this market(job) is not cutting it then I should venture in new territories(self-employed).

There's always a flip side to the coin, a yin and a yang, risks and rewards and depending on the situation we find ourselves in we need to make the decisions for what is best. I'm all for starting your own business and it is my ultimate goal. I won't do it because I'm lazy of responsibility or work, but because my job just isn't cutting it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment