Friday, April 13, 2012

Too many Options

Options are great but at times it can be a burden. As a programmer we have all kinds of goodies such as open source tools and languages. We have the option to choose whatever but it can lead to indecision, over thinking and incompleteness.

Did you ever start a project or idea but not finish it because another option appeared? When younger we normally had 2 or 3 games for our SEGA and we played those games so many times we could easily sing the songs. Now I have many games its a sacrifice to finish one.

Less options makes life simpler. Imagine if you had 5 toothbrush to choose from. How frustrating every morning would be and you'll probably end up using only one anyways.

Don't confuse less options with laziness to achieve them. I can but don't because I choose not to. Because the harder you work the more options you get.

Simplicity is what I strive for, not how cool looking or complex my code is. If it gets the job done why will I put an unprofitable twist to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment