Friday, April 20, 2012

I'm not IT bitch

The one thing that makes me cringe is when someones asks me if I'm IT or should do IT. Many miss use this term because they're ignorant.

I agree with Linus Torvalds and this is what he said:

"Oh, the absolute *last* thing I want to do is be seen as a support person. No way.

But I’m simply not really organized enough to be a good MIS person. And frankly, I lack the interest. I find the low-level details of how computers work really interesting, but if I had to care about user problems and people forgetting their passwords or messing up their backups, I don’t know what I’d do. I’d probably turn to drugs and alcohol to dull the pain".
source

I don't want to help you fix your mistake, your lack of knowledge, fix your screen resolution. I'm a programmer, I build things, I'm not IT bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment