Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Programmer Hiring

When I started programming I kept hearing recruiters are clueless and don't know what they're doing. I recently ran into one who made me take a test at geekinterview.com

First I'm not a geek just because I'm a programmer. By definition I'm NOT a person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.

Second, the questions were wrong like saying PHP is a programming language when in its a scripting language, some were dumb like who is father of PHP, who cares! How does knowing this make your software any better, some question were deprecated and finally bad practices and obfuscated. Overall silly!

Now I wonder what kind of developers they have employed. Recruits don't understand that programming isn't a multiple choice test and not necessary what you know but what you can discover. Without the internet I'm a worst programmer because I use it like an extension of my memory. I don't try to memorize every single function in a language because I'm not going to use them all and I can build my own if I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment